Monday, June 10, 2019
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
A bride’s gown is clearly the most important piece when it comes to her wedding day style. However, the jewelry and accessories are close runners-up, because they tie her dream ensemble together. While the perfect pair of shoes is a must, jewelry choices are also of utmost importance (especially the wedding bands, since they will be worn daily).
With all the choices available, here’s a look at the jewelry trends dominating the runways this spring, courtesy of Amanda Hennigan at premierbride.com.
Colored stones making a comeback
According to Premier Bride, colored stones are increasing in popularity as a choice for engagement rings, including rubies, sapphires, emeralds or colored diamonds. They’re becoming increasingly popular in wedding bands as well, being used by brides as a way to bring eye-catching color to their ring set.
Partners are also choosing to experiment with stackable rings as an alternative to the traditional wedding ring set. These rings can bring color, texture, and even mixed metals to the set. This trend is a great way to play with different looks and get a feel for what works best with your existing rings.
Drop statement earrings
What adorns the ears plays a big part in wedding jewelry. Hairstyles can either hide or accentuate earrings, but for brides with pierced ears, they often are used to tie together the entire ensemble.
Trending for 2019 are drop statement earrings, encrusted with diamonds and other stones. This style complements traditional, sleek partial or full updos, and is perfect for the bride looking to add a dramatic accent to her bridal attire.
Statement necklace pieces
Depending on the neckline of the gown, necklaces can be statement pieces or understated additions to the overall look. With this year’s trend of statement earrings, necklaces are taking a back seat, encouraging simple and delicate, yet elegant pieces.
Layered necklaces create a similar effect to stacked rings. They add color and texture, while accenting the bride’s décolletage. Designers are even incorporating that mixed metal trend that we’re seeing, while keeping the pieces simple.
Choker necklaces, which have been making a comeback for the last few years, are being seen with an addition of a long end that’ll work with most necklines on bridal gowns.
Whether you want to style your wedding look with this spring’s bridal jewelry trends, or have your own unique style, shop for your wedding jewelry at Adina By Empire’s eBay store. With a wide variety estate, vintage and antique jewelry, plus a huge assortment of wedding bands and engagement rings, you’ll find perfect wedding jewelry at true wholesale prices and a shopping experience beyond compare.
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Selecting an engagement ring for your future spouse can be one of the most daunting tasks a romantic can undertake. You’ve found the “one” to be your life partner and want to find the “perfect” ring he or she will love and want to show off to friends and family.
There are many choices, but fear not, we’ve put together six steps to finding the perfect engagement ring for your future spouse, courtesy of the GIA.
- Make it a surprise. While the trend of couples shopping together for an engagement ring is on the rise, we suggest you try to figure out what he or she will like on your own. Yes, it will take some detective work, but if you get it right, the reward will pay dividends. There are few opportunities for a really big surprise in life—let your engagement ring be one of them.
- Decide on and stick to your budget. Like any major purchase, decide on what you can comfortably afford, and stick to it. Then do your due diligence so you can save money. Spending more than you have to won’t make the ring any nicer than it is. In fact, getting a good deal may endear you even more to your future spouse. Rather than expensive retail jewelry stores in malls (remember, you’re paying higher mark ups), consider visiting a high-end pawn shop like Empire Jewelers for beautiful and unique pieces at a fraction of the cost.
- Pay attention to what they wear. You could ask one of their close friends for advice on the kind of ring he or she would like, but you run the risk of them talking and ruining the surprise. We suggest putting on your detective hat and paying attention to what your SO is wearing from day to day.Are the rings and other pieces classic and traditional or funky and modern? Are they full of bling or more subdued? If you buy something similar to what he or she already likes, you’ll probably choose the right one.
- Know their ring size. This is an important one, because you’ll want to know the ring will fit when you present it. If he or she wears rings, borrow one they already own. Trace the inner circle on a piece of paper, or press the ring into a bar of soap for an impression. You can also slide it down one of your own fingers and draw a line where it stops. A jeweler can use these measurements to identify his or her approximate ring size.
- Know what diamond shape suits him or her. After determining the style and ring size, you’ll need to pick a design. As your future spouse will be wearing this ring every day during his or her engagement and into your married life, it really needs to fit their personality. To help you decide, here are some popular engagement ring designs to consider for him or her:
- Engagement ring designs for women:
- Solitaire – Featuring a single stone, this is the most popular choice in engagement rings. Solitaires can be set with four prongs or six prongs. A four-prong-setting shows more of the diamond, but a six-prong setting is often more secure.
- Side stones – Diamonds or other gemstones, flank the main stone for additional sparkle or color. Popular side-stone settings include ”channel,” which protects stones by keeping them flush, and ”bar channel” which allows more light to enter the sides tones.
- Three Stone – One diamond for the past, one for the present, and one for the future. Typically, the center diamond is larger than the two side stones.
- Pavé (pah-vey) – The main stone is surrounded by tiny diamonds to add sparkle and the illusion of greater size.
- Engagement ring designs for men:
- In addition to traditional gold and platinum, men’s engagement and wedding rings come in an array of unique, modern metals. Select from titanium, zirconium, tungsten carbide, and steel. Even natural materials, such as wood are becoming increasingly popular. Men may also choose a ring that’s accented with stones such as black diamonds for added brilliance and intrigue. Plain bands featuring textural elements such as a woven or hammered design are also quite popular.
6. Create an experience. Once you’ve made the effort and decided on the ring you think your loved one will truly cherish, create a proposal experience that’s unique to your relationship. Whether together you enjoy sports, horseback riding, taking in shows or have a favorite romantic hiking spot, create one of the fondest experiences you can and make a memory to last your lifetime together.
If you’re looking for a fine diamond engagement ring, make sure to visit Empire’s eBay store for an incredible selection of hundreds of high-quality new and estate diamond rings at up to 70 percent off what you would pay at retail.
Monday, March 11, 2019
Happy birthday March babies! Your official birthstone is not only beautiful, it’s full of history and mythology. Here are some interesting facts about your birthstone, the aquamarine.
- In addition to being the birthstone for March and the zodiac sign of Pisces, aquamarine is also the gemstone used to celebrate a 19th wedding anniversary.
- The aquamarine is a transparent pale blue variety of beryl (beryllium aluminum silicate) — the same mineral family that emeralds belong to.
- Like many beryls, aquamarine forms large crystals suitable for sizable fashioned gems and carvings.
- The word aquamarine is derived from the Latin phrase “aqua marinus,” meaning “water of the sea” because they are said to resemble the beautiful blue-green color of ocean water.
- Aquamarines were said to calm waves and keep sailors safe at sea. Sailors were known to wear aquamarine talismans engraved with the likeness of Neptune, as protection against dangers at sea.
- March’s birthstone was also thought to enhance the happiness of marriages.
- Aquamarines come in a wide range of shades and colors, from pale pastel to sky blue and blue-green to sea-green. The rarest and most valuable aquamarines are those with a deep blue color.
- The best gems combine high clarity with transparency and blue to slightly greenish blue hues.
- The color of aquamarine is due to trace amounts of iron that works its way inside the crystal. Most commercially-sold aquamarines are heat-treated to produce a more desirable blue-green color.
- Aquamarines have a hexagonal-shaped crystal system. They are pleochroic in nature, meaning they can show three colors, depending on the angle they’re viewed.
- Like many gems, aquamarines are thought by some to have metaphysical powers, including the ability to clear and cleanse, refresh and uplift. Some say they also promote courage, calm, compassion, tolerance, love, communication, self-expression, reasoning, intellect and connection to one’s higher self.
- Aquamarines are also said to aid in the healing of sore throats and swollen glands, and in calming nerves, improving vision, and cooling sunburns and fevers.
- The ancient Romans believed that Neptune, the god of the sea, obtained aquamarines from the jewel boxes of the Sirens. Legend has it that Neptune gave aquamarines as a gift to the mermaids.
- Because of their bond with the sea, aquamarine is the gemstone of several sea goddesses, including Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love. Aphrodite was also widely worshipped as a goddess of the sea and of seafaring.
- Aquamarines are mined in exotic locations including Nigeria, Madagascar, Zambia, Pakistan and Mozambique, but most modern aquamarines come from Brazil.
- One of the largest aquamarines ever mined weighed 110.5 kg. It was found in 1910 in Marambaia/Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- In the United States, the only location where you can mine for aquamarines is Mount Antero in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. The elusive gem is said to be found at altitudes of 14,000 feet or more.
Monday, January 14, 2019
The cold weather is here, and with it thicker clothes and layers that can drown out your favorite jewelry pieces.
Here are five ways to wear jewelry in the wintertime, courtesy of Forbes.com and jewelry writer, Beth Bernstein.
Go bigger with bracelets and necklaces
While graduated chains and charm necklaces are great for the summer with t-shirt and tanks they can compete with your layers of sweaters and scarves. In the colder months, opt for an elongated necklace that is chunky on its own or has a solid look with a large locket.
When wearing long sleeves that are ribbed or textured in knits or jackets under your coats, you want bracelets that you can feel on your wrists without being too heavy. Keep the wide cuffs and bangles for spring and summer—they look wonderful on bare arms and won’t feel too cumbersome. However, in wintertime, go for oversized curb chains or new takes on wide ID bracelets. They can be worn over lightweight sweater sleeves.
Don’t lose rings from gloves
Stack rings are wonderful in warm weather months but taking gloves on and off when the weather is cold could cause you to accidentally lose one or more of your rings. It’s safe to wear one or two larger, bolder rings in winter. You will feel them move around and their stand-out appeal is more suited to your winter wardrobe. Colored gems will pop your winter staples of gray and black and signets with symbolism will act as your winter talisman.
Style with stud earrings
Stud earrings are the perfect go-to jewels to dress up your lobes for winter. They won’t get caught in your scarves or high or oversized turtlenecks. All different styles of earrings have been trending for the past two years and there are myriad imaginative, fun or daring studs out there for you to try on to see which fits your style best.
Go for brooches
If you haven’t tried accessorizing with brooches, you’re missing out on one of the hottest trends of the winter. On trend are antique or vintage brooches, or new pieces designed based on designs by the most iconic jewelers of the past. Brooches are extremely versatile, too. You can affix them to scarves, fashion them in your hair, wear multiples on your jacket lapels and pockets, or to one side on a cardigan, knit dress, sweater sleeve or at the top fold of a turtleneck.
If you’re looking for a vintage or antique brooch or any perfect piece for your winter wardrobe, make sure to visit Adina by Empire Jeweler’s eBay Store for a wide selection of fine jewelry at true wholesale prices.
Friday, December 7, 2018
|See this item at https://www.ebay.com/itm/372524281939|
Thinking about purchasing a high-end luxury watch, such as an Audemars Piguet, Jaeger-LeCoultre or Rolex for a loved one this holiday?
Here’s what to know before you buy.
Despite the fact that we all have clocks on our electronic devices, watch wearing has been on the rise. Besides added convenience, a nice piece of jewelry on your wrist can finish an outfit and add to your sophistication.
A luxury watch can be a special item that is built to last and worth handing down to the next generation. Some of the most elite watch brands include, but are not limited to, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Vacheron Constantin, Jaeger LeCoultre (JLC ), Blancpain, Ulysse Nardin, Rolex, and Jaquet Droz.
Be honest—can you afford it?
Before purchasing a luxury watch, the most important thing is to be honest with yourself if you can afford a brand-new one. Will the watch be an asset or a liability? Do some research: There are various versions of high-end watches available out there, including pre-owned and refurbished. Consider buying pre-owned, but make sure it’s authentic and not a “knock off.” The key is to honestly assess your financial situation carefully and choose your watch accordingly.
Make sure it’s real.
In the past, fake high-end knockoff watches were so poorly made that it was usually easy to distinguish them from the genuine item. Today, counterfeit watches can be almost impossible to distinguish (to the untrained eye) from the world-renowned masterpieces. Online auction houses and individual internet sellers commonly offer very convincing copies. If you want a genuine Patek, Rolex or other specific designer, make it clear to the dealer that you are interested in seeing and buying only a 100 percent genuine, unaltered watch — including the watch band.
Make sure the dealer is legit.
Even a pre-owned luxury watch is an expensive item. It is absolutely essential that you buy from a knowledgeable dealer you know you can trust. Every year, people are scammed out of millions of dollars thinking they are buying “the real thing,” when in fact it’s a knockoff. That is why it is important to buy a new or used high-end watch from a knowledgeable and reputable dealer. If you do find one online that you like, read reviews on the company and make sure their return terms are clearly stated.
A new luxury watch can be purchased from an authorized dealer or it can be obtained from an independent, unauthorized watch dealer selling new, near-new, pre-owned, or vintage watches. If your objective is to purchase a new, current model watch and to save on the price, or if you are looking for a specific model no longer available from an authorized dealer, then buying from an independent watch dealer is a good option. To find an authorized dealer in your area, visit the manufacturer’s website for dealers in your area.
Understand the guarantees.
Before buying, ask the seller if the watch is an authentic, unaltered piece, and if they offer an unconditional money back guarantee. Also ask for a full, written, timekeeping and water resistance guarantee with the watch for one full year, and that the bracelet contains only authentic parts.
Confirm that it’s in good working order.
Also, before you buy, make sure the watch is working properly, and has been serviced by an authorized manufacturer service center, or reputable and experienced independent watchmaker known to specialize in high-end watches.
Get the model and serial number.
Make sure you get and check the model and serial number of the watch before buying. The dealer should give you the opportunity to take the bracelet off and check the numbers located between the lugs for authenticity.
Take your time deciding.
Whether you are buying a new or pre-owned luxury watch, choose carefully and don’t allow yourself to be rushed into buying. Do your research, and if necessary, ask the dealer to hold the watch for you for a day or two while you consider buying it.
Trust your instinct: if the deal sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Make sure you are 100 percent satisfied with the watch and the purchase—this is an heirloom item that should last your lifetime and be handed down to the next generation. Finally, once you buy, insure it and enjoy it!
To shop our full selection of high-end watches, visit our eBay store.
Thursday, November 8, 2018
Ideas for HerCocktail Rings
If you know a gal who’s into glamour, consider getting her a bold and beautiful cocktail ring. Often oversized and stunning, cocktail rings are the perfect way to glam up a basic outfit. Lovely as well as versatile, they can be paired with tailored denim, blazers, and even plain white T-shirts.
The 1990s are making a comeback in the form of chokers, collars, and bib necklaces.
Fashion-forward ladies are rocking metal, fabric, leather, and rhinestone-covered chokers. It can be worn alone or layered with longer chains with nearly every outfit.
These clever earrings are the new style statement of the jewelry scene with their range of subtle to bold looks. From stone-studded climbers that arc up the ear to simple metal cuffs that closely hug each earlobe, ear cuffs make an excellent gift for stylish women.
While some earring jackets are simply an optional frame for the stud to rest in, the latest style features an ornamental backing that clips onto the post from behind and hangs below the curve of the earlobe.
Fashion mavens everywhere are pairing up their favorite chains to create unique combos that make a statement. For the style-savvy gal on your holiday shopping list, pre-layered necklaces are a great way to get that layered look with one piece of jewelry.
Pearls are the perfect gift for the elegant woman on your list. Look for pieces that integrate the soft elegance of pearls with warm metals like yellow and rose gold. Large pearls placed into very simple settings are another way to achieve the look.
From monogram rings to initial pendants, customizable jewelry is both stylish and timeless. If she appreciates sentimental gifts, birthstone jewelry, an engraved pair of earrings or a pendant necklace makes a memorable gift she’ll treasure for years to come.
Rose Gold Jewelry
Fashionistas are flocking to this feminine look as elegant rings, stylish necklaces, and glittering earrings take on the pinkish hue. A complement to most skin tones, rose gold makes an easy and beautiful gift.
Stacking rings have become a fashion staple for the modern woman. The key to layering rings is to stick with similarly sized bands to keep the look cohesive. Look for bands with unique details like small crystals or carved designs to add variation.
If your giftee likes to track her fitness but isn’t exactly into the sporty look, consider getting her a jewelry cover for her tracker. Designers have transformed the way athletic trackers are worn with stylish bangles and pendants that conceal the gadgets.
Whether worn under the collar of a classic button-front blouse or paired with a deep V-neck dress, Y necklaces boast feminine appeal. If your giftee prefers laid-back, eclectic looks, pair a Y necklace with other chains to create a bohemian-inspired look she’ll love. If she’s a minimalist, look for a Y necklace with a simple design that highlights her natural beauty.
Ideas for HimBeads
From rockers to stock brokers, beaded bracelets and necklaces offer effortless style. Give casual dressers earthy wood or colorful beads to lend laidback flair to their style. Or opt for black and greyscale beads to complement business attire.
Leather cord jewelry possesses casual sophistication and effortless styling. Whether wound around the wrist or suspended from the neck, a leather cord is an earthy material that exudes masculinity. Pair leather bands with metal details to create a refined look that complements both casual and business wear.
Necklaces featuring 24- to 30-inch chains or cords weighed down with unique yet subtle pendants are a trendy finish to casual wardrobes. If going for the gold, look for chains that are unornamented to keep the look intriguing yet understated.
Luxury watches are essential to a well-dressed man’s wardrobe. If you’re searching for an extra special gift for the lucky gent on your gift list, consider a pre-owned or vintage-style Rolex, or another luxury brand to fill his stocking.
A paracord safety bracelet is the perfect example of style meets function. It’s woven from durable nylon rope and can unravel to a length of 3 to 20 feet, depending on the bracelet. The unraveled cord can be used to perform a variety of tasks to help someone survive when stranded out in the wild. It can be used to make a sling, tourniquet, or fishing line.
From simple metal to crystal studded, a skull ring is just the thing to add a little edge to his look. Sturdy metals like stainless steel or sterling silver give these bold rings a solid, heavy feel while keeping them stylish.
Raw, brushed, and unpolished metals are setting the trend for men’s jewelry. Look for strong metals like titanium, stainless steel, and tungsten that feature unburnished finishes. Also consider rings, bracelet clasps, and necklaces with unpolished metal details.
If you’re looking for a unique gift of fine jewelry this holiday season, visit Adina by Empire Jewelers for a wide variety of estate, vintage and antique pieces at true wholesale prices.